BMW Canada warrants to the first retail purchaser and each subsequent purchaser of Canadian specification vehicles imported by BMW Canada or sold through the European Delivery Program, during the applicable Warranty period, the following:
All emission components, other than the Specific Control Devices and Emission Performance Systems (as such terms are defined herein), to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 4 years or 80,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first.
Please contact BMW Grand River
for additional information on coverage and limitations.
Specific Control Devices
The Catalytic Converter, Engine Control Module (DME) and On-Board Diagnostic System (OBD II) (collectively the "Specific Control Devices") to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 8 years or 130,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first. For assistance in determining coverage of the specific components of the onboard diagnostic system, please contact your BMW Retailer.
The following emission performance systems (collectively the "Emission Performance Systems")** to be free from defects in materials and workmanship which would cause the vehicle to fail to conform to applicable Federal and Provincial regulations at the time the vehicle was manufactured, for a period of 2 years or 40,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first:
** The specific systems may vary according to model; therefore all of the systems listed above may not be used on your vehicle. For assistance in determining which systems and specific components within these systems apply to your vehicle, please contact your BMW Retailer. This warranty coverage for Emission Performance System applies only in those jurisdictions that have established periodic vehicle emission tests and require the vehicle to pass an emissions test equivalent to that approved by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and:
1. The vehicle has been maintained and operated in accordance with the instructions for proper maintenance and used as set forth in the Owner's Manual supplied with the vehicle; and
2. The vehicle fails to conform to the applicable emission test; and the failure to conform results or will result in the owner of the vehicle having to bear a penalty or other sanction (including the denial of the right to use the vehicle) if the nonconformity is not remedied within a specific period of time.
3. The above warranties begin on the date of first registration, or the date the vehicle is first placed in service as a demonstrator or company vehicle, whichever is earlier.
- Air Induction System
- Fuel Metering System
- Ignition System
- Positive Crankcase Ventilation System (PVC)
- Evaporative Emission Control System
- Exhaust System
- Engine Emission Control System Sensors/Devices
- On Board Diagnostic System (OBD)
- Secondary Air Injection System