Road Hazard Protection
Protection that's with you, every step of the way.
In any driving situation, it’s your tires and rims that are usually most susceptible to damage – nails, glass, rocks, potholes; you can never be too sure of what lies ahead. For vehicle safety, damaged tires and rims must be immediately repaired or replaced. BMW Road Hazard Protection takes care of rim and tire repair or replacement costs. Work is completed by BMW technician with authentic BMW parts. Just bring your vehicle to a BMW Retailer – and they’ll begin the repair or replacement* on the spot. The Retailer also takes care of the entire claims process from beginning to end, including the bill.
*BMW run-flat tires are always replaced never repaired.
BMW Road Hazard Protection provides coverage for the original BMW vehicle listed on the Service Contract, and the original tires and rims which are installed on that vehicle that are damaged by various road hazards, including but not limited to:
- Nails, Screws, Glass, Rocks, Animal carcasses, Potholes, Road cracks, Uneven pavement.
Coverage also includes BMW summer tire and rim packages, BMW winter tire and rim packages and replacement tires and rims beyond the original set as long as these are purchased at an authorized BMW Retailer.
- Premium can be 100% financed, and included within your monthly payment.
- Covers 100% of the cost of the tire or rim repair or replacement.
- BMW run-flat tires are always replaced never repaired.
- Rims damaged beyond repair are always replaced with Original BMW Parts.
- Covers all four (4) tires and rims on the vehicle, plus any subsequent set as long as they’re purchased at an authorized BMW Retailer.
- Coverage anywhere you drive within North America.
- Unlimited number of claims.
- No maximum claim amount.
- Product can be cancelled with the first 30 days of coverage.
BMW Road Hazard Protection provides coverage for the vehicles tires and rims listed on the Service Contract until one of the following occurs:
- Term listed on the contract expires;
- 100,000 km (from contract inception); or
- Less than 4/32” of tread depth on any rib of the tire.
BMW Road Hazard Protection can be applied to any New or Pre-Owned BMW vehicle.
Tires on all vehicles must have a tread depth of greater than or equal to 6/32” at contract inception to be eligible for coverage.
The Service Contract is always restricted to the original vehicle and the tires and rims which are installed, and any subsequent set of tires and rims that have been purchased at an authorized BMW Retailer. Proof of purchase may be requested.
BMW Road Hazard Protection does not provide coverage in the following circumstances:
- Non BMW vehicles
- Tires and rims that are not purchased at an authorized BMW Retailer
- Damage due to a vehicle accident or collision
- Impact with a curb
- Defects in material or workmanship by the tire or vehicle manufacturer (including, without limitation, out-of-round or stress-cracked rims that did not result from a road hazard)
- Vandalism and/or Theft
- Cosmetic Damage
BMW Road Hazard Protection does not provide coverage to any tire or rim damage that would otherwise be covered by an auto insurance policy.
Call BMW Grand River today. Our Business Managers will be pleased to provide you with more information.